Tuesday, September 21, 2010

End of Summer Get Away



 

As hectic and crazy as each day seems to be, the best moment I could think to share is from our recent runaway trip to Acadia to bike the carriage trails.  My husband and I used to go to Acadia to camp and bike every year when our son was small, but we had not been in years.  We found ourselves with an open weekend, so we took off and left our busy lives at home.  We took our time and spent the entire day biking.  I was imagining we had biked at least 30 miles, but after double and triple checking the map, we managed to bike just over 20.  We were blessed with a beautiful, cool, crisp day that ended with sunset on top of Cadillac Mountain.  What a fabulous adventure to end our summer.


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos. We were just in Maine this summer. I truly love the state's motto, "Maine: The way life should be." Isn't that the truth?
    SAS

    ReplyDelete